Hudson Valley Guild Membership Criteria
Membership in the Hudson Valley Guild consists of mental health practitioners in both private practice and agencies whose primary client base has a DSM-V diagnosis.
Members must have the following qualifications:
- Licensed in their disciplines, e.g., Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Clinical and Master Social Workers, Nurses, Creative Arts Therapists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Mental Health Counselors or Psychoanalysts. OR
- Hold a Masters degree or its equivalent in a mental health-related field. OR
- Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors (CASAC). OR
- Full-time or part-time students who are studying with the intention to become mental health practitioners. OR
- Emeritus members who are currently not active in the field.
All members are full voting members. Membership fee is $75 for the initial calendar year and $50 for each succeeding year. If you join after September 1, the follow year's fee is waived. Membership fee for student and emeritus members is $25.
The benefits and rewards of membership include: professional and personal networking; free admission to Guild meetings and events; the opportunity to become a preferred provider for certain insurance plans; an individualized page on the Guild website; membership in our on-line group and email list which provides notification of Guild and other professional activities of interest, referral opportunities, notification of office rentals/shares, therapy and support groups run by Guild members, etc. Other activities may be developed depending on membership interest.