Guild Membership Criteria
Membership in the Hudson Valley Guild consists of mental health practitioners in both private practice and agencies whose primary client base has a DSM-IV diagnosis.
Members must have the following qualifications:
- Licensed in their disciplines, e.g., Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Clinical and Master Social Workers, Nurses, Creative Arts Therapists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Mental Health Counselors or Psychoanalysts.
- Hold a Masters degree or its equivalent in a mental health-related field.
- Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors (CASAC).
- Full-time or part-time students who are studying with the intention to become mental health practitioners.
- Emeritus members who are currently active in the field.
Membership FeesAll members are full voting members. Membership fee is $75 for the initial calendar year and $50 for each succeeding year. If you join after September 1, the follow year's fee is waived. Membership fee for student and emeritus members is $25.
Benefits of Membership
The benefits and rewards of membership include: professional and personal networking; free admission to Guild meetings and events; the opportunity to become a preferred provider for certain insurance plans; an individualized page on the Guild website; membership in our on-line group and email list which provides notification of Guild and other professional activities of interest, referral opportunities, notification of office rentals/shares, therapy and support groups run by Guild members, etc. Other activities may be developed depending on membership interest (e.g. group health insurance, malpractice insurance).
How to Join
Below is a PDF application for joining. You must meet the criteria as stated above. Completed applications and membership fees should be sent to:
Hudson Valley Guild of Mental Health Professionals
c/o Donna Sorgen
P.O. Box 806
Woodstock, New York 12498
We look forward to meetiing you!